Today’s World Cup game just solidifies a number of obvious things…
1) The Netherlands should have been in the World Cup Finals against Germany.
2) Their chance to be in the World Cup Final was stolen from them from by the incompetent officiating by the Referee from Turkey.. Can you say deja vu?!
3) Despite terrible refereeing in this match, they easily beat Brazil.
4) Despite lots of dirty moves by the Brazilian players, they still couldn`t beat the much more skilled Dutch Team.
5) FIFA should do away with the so-called third and fourth place game, as it really serves no purpose…
6) Holland was robbed four years ago by bad refereeing.. and now we will have to wait AGAIN for another four years before they FINALLY get what they deserve.. to be crowned World Cup Champions.
So what happened in today’s match between the Netherlands and Brazil?
Wesley Sneijder was injured during warm-up and never even got to start.
At the three minute mark, the Netherlands scores their first goal – Robin van Persie from a penalty kick.
The Second goal was scored by Daley Blind for the Netherlands.
At half time… the score is Netherlands 2-0 Brazil.
Third goal was scored by Georginio Wijnaldum at the ninety minute mark.
Then the Dutch Coach substituted the goal keeper for the last five minutes of extra play with their number two goalie – Michel Vorm. Michel Vorm had not yet had a chance to play in this World Cup.. but now he was part of the game. Now that is classy and an example of why the Dutch Coach is so good at what he does.
It was a weird game.. Holland by far superior. The referee gave a bunch of yellow cards, but made some bad calls, like when he should have awarded a red card against a Brazilian player, or didn’t call so many of the bad dives by the Brazilian players. He did, surprisingly call one Brazilian player for a blatant flop and awarded a yellow card. Something that really should have been given out throughout the entire World Cup.
The craziest observation during this game was how the Brazilian crowd reacted during the entire match. The Brazilian crowd, which overwhelmed the stadium with yellow jerseys, continually boo’d their home team. They would boo when a Brazilian player made a mistake. They would boo whenever the Coach was shown on the large screens. They would boo when the Brazilian players would leave the field as their substitute would enter. They would boo when the half time play was over, and when the final whistle was blown.
Final score: Netherlands 3-0 Brazil.